BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Potato salad

Once we had this BBQ for the whole house and each suppose to make or buy something. So my English house mate, Kim decided to make potato salad for us. When I got my first try of it, it was really great and when I wanted to get more so sad no more left. This will make me remember her for imparting her recipe to me. I made this for my big birthday bbq and Auntie Theresa was impressed with it. For last year X'mas, she specifically  asked me to make this. She tried so many potato salad and felt that this is really nice so folks here you are. For the original one, Kim only use the normal mayonnaise but is too sour for me so I will add in Japanese mayonnaise which is more on the sweet side. Just add whatever to suit your taste. As this is only a rough estimation

Ingredients:

  • 7-8              Small washed Potatoes
  • 1                  Tomato (Deseed and diced small)
  • 1 Cup            Cucumber (diced)
  • 1/2 Cup        Gherkins (diced)
  • 1Tsp             English mustard
  • 6Tbsp          Japanese Mayonnaise
  • 3Tbsp          Mayonnaise
  • 1/2Tsp         Salt
  • 1/2Tsp         White pepper


Methods:

  1. Boiled the potatoes for 10mins or till the fork able to go through easily.
  2. Peeled off the skin and mashed it into chucks.
  3. Add in the diced cucumber, tomato and gherkins.
  4. Add in the english mustard and mayonnaise.
  5. Mix it well and add salt and pepper.




0 comments: