BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kueh Sarlat

This kuih kuih is one of my Mummy favorite, the top part is egg custard and the bottom part is savory with the glutinous rice. I used to think is kind of hard to make but since Deborah has got a short cut of making it that was actually using microwave. Which is just cook the rice first then when ready pour in the top part and mircowave for 10mins I think and you will get your kuih kuih. Since I do not really like the idea of using the mircowave so I did it the long way through steaming. I got all the direction on how to make this but I left out the final part which was how long does it take to steam the custard. I took it out too early and was very watery so I got to re-steam it again. The custard was still great and later I found out the timing to steam the kueh kueh.

Ingredients:

Bottom:
  • 2 Cups       Glutinous rice (Soaked overnight)
  • 1 Can          Coconut cream
  • 1 Tbsp       Sugar
  • 1 Tsp         Salt
Top:
  • 5                Eggs (Beaten)
  • 1 Can          Coconut cream
  • 1 Cup          Sugar
  • 1/4 Tsp      Pandan paste
  • 1/2 Tsp      Salt
  • 2 Tbsp        Rice Flour
Methods:
  1. Steamed the rice for 7-10mins.
  2. Then add the salt and 1/2 cup of coconut cream. Mix it well.
  3. Steamed for another 5-7mins.
  4. Then add the sugar and the remaining coconut cream.
  5. Mixed the ingredient for the top throughly.
  6. Strained the mixture onto the rice.
  7. Steamed for 30 - 45mins or check to see if the custard set.










Kuih Sarlat

0 comments: