BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Begedil ( Mashed potato)

This is my favorite during Secondary Sch time. Is a must to have this with Mee soto, at times if I'm late got to eat Mee soto without it. Then this actually was sold at most Malay food stall, especially the one my parents like to go to where they sell great Malay mix rice and lontong. Ever since young, my parents can eat those for breakfast but not me to have that for breakfast. Quite luckily for me, when I was studying in TP, the malay stall in Design canteen sell this as well, every time when i went over to have my lunch this will alway be one of them for my mix rice. So I only get to eat this from outside but I had a great house mate Nora, one day she made this and i was so excited. The taste was so great and immediately asked for the recipe.

Since then when I stayed in Jane street, this seem to be my signature dish  for gathering. So lets enjoy it ok

Ingredients:

  • 700gm      Potatoes
  • 350gm      Lamb mince
  • 2tsp          Salt
  • 1/4 tsp      Pepper
  • 1/2tsp       Nutmeg
  • 4-6 tbsp   Fried shallot
  • 1              Egg wash
  • 2Tspn      Oil
  • 2 Cups     Oil (Deep fry)


Methods:

  1. Boiled the potatoes till cooked and mashed it till chunky.
  2. Put it aside to cool.
  3. Heat up the pan with oil and add in the lamb mince.
  4. Drain away the excess oil.
  5. Add in the salt and pepper and nutmeg .Mix it well
  6. Take it out and mix it with the potatoes.
  7. Add in the fried shallot.
  8. Scope out with a dessert spoon and roll it into a ball, then flatten it a little.
  9. Each weighting 26-30gm and able to make 32.
  10. Before frying dip it into a beaten egg as a wash.
  11. Put it straight into the pot of hot oil.
  12. Take it out when it turns brown.











This dish looks easy but is kind of oily so alway remember to drain it on a strainer and on kitchen towel to absorb more oil out of it. The recipe for this suit my taste so add what ever you want to suit your own taste. 

2 comments:

Shukujo said...

shall use fish to xchange e lamb... ;p

Shukujo said...

salmon or tuna?