BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Eggplant with mince

Me a person who do not really eat eggplants one before coming here but then I learnt to explore more when staying with different people. So my first try was once at a gathering and is cooked with samba chill, the first bite was great and I can not have enough of it. Then my house mate cooked another version one which is non spicy and with tian main jiang (sweet sauce). Once again I love the way the eggplants being cook, I guess is because the eggplants was cooked till very soft and can taste the sweetness of it too. My house mate showed me another way of making it as well which is by deep frying it. I call this smiling eggplant.

Ingredients:

  • 500gm      Eggplant
  • 250gm      Mince meat
  • 2tsp          Sesame oil
  • 2tsp          Hua tiao jiu
  • 2tbsp        Light soy sauce
  • 1/4tsp       Pepper
  • 2 Cups      Oil ( Deep frying)

Batter:

  • 8tbsp       Self raising flour
  • 4tbsp       Plain flour
  • 1tsp         Light soy sauce
  • 1tsp         Salt
  • 1 cup        Water

Methods:

  1. Mix the mince meat with the remaining ingredients and set aside.
  2. Cut the eggplant with about 0.8 ~ 1cm thickness then into half like a semi circle.
  3. Place it on the table and cut into half but be careful not till the end.
  4. Fill each half with the mince mixture.
  5. Mix up all the ingredients for the batter.
  6. Coat the eggplant with self-raising flour.
  7. Then dip it into the batter and put straight into pot of oil.
  8. Take it when it turns golden brown.





0 comments: