BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cassava Cake ( Tapioca Cake )

This is really easy like ABC, Just mix it all up and throw into the oven thats it. I never had this before till i was at my Aunt place when Auntie Deborah bought it over as dessert.This is not very sweet so I really like it and she told me is very easy. All I have to do is just mixed 3 items together then drop some butter on the top and then bake it. Sound really easy right and it taste great so I decided to give it a try. I think i made this for a farewell party and all of them love it till no leftovers. It was really great to see how people enjoy the the food that I made. Here we can get the ready frozen shredded cassava which make life even easier.


Ingredients:

  • 450gm      Grated cassava or tapioca
  • 1 Can          Coconut Milk 
  • 1 1/2 Cup    Brown Sugar
  • 10gm          Butter
Methods:
  1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Butter around the tray
  3. Pour the mixture in
  4. Drop pieces of the butter on top.
  5. Baked at 180 deg for an hour or till top brown.
  6. Let it cool and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or freezer for 30mins.
  7. This will allow the knife to cut the cake easily.





It is important to add drops of butter like the first picture so that you can get really nice crust on top. That really enhance the taste with the texture. No mess easy like 123.

0 comments: