BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Scone

Had this the first time at my Aunt place when I first visited Brissy in 1996. Never knew that this is so easy and so nice to eat it warm with butter or strawberry jam. Ever since I came back to do my studies, did not get a chance to eat Aunt's scone.Then when I went over to the house for lunch and i saw the recipe file which my aunt kept all her recipes. Jot it down and learnt to make it. Since never seen my Aunt making it before so not very sure what is it like. When I mixed everything , it seem very moist not sure if that is right so added more flour into it and knead it a little only later Aunt told me not to knead as the scone will out to be hard like a rock. So from experience, I learnt my mistake and now back on the track.

Ingredients:

  • 250gm          Butter
  • 5Cups          Self-raising Flour
  • 2 1/2 Cups   Milk
  • 1/4Tsp         Salt

Methods:
  1. In a mixing bowl put in the flour then the butter, using rubbing in method.
  2. Run in the butter into the flour with the finger tip, till it mixed even with no lumps.
  3. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture then pour in the milk.
  4. Stir it slowly till well mixed, if too wet sprinkle some flour. It has got to be moist.
  5. Flour the board and cut it into shape.
  6. Preheat the oven at 200 deg.
  7. Bake it for 12-15mins or till slightly brown.
The tip for this is DO NOT KNEAD the dough.After mixing all the ingredients, just scope it out and place it on the floured board. Pat both hand with some flour and spread out the dough.




0 comments: