BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fruit Cake

I never like fruit cake but this time round I actually tried it when Deborah made it for the family.  The taste was just nice and I really love it. So of course I found out how to make it of course. I made this for the Spring gathering at my place, I gave 2 to the Norwegian house mates to try. It was right out from the oven but they just pop it into their mouth and love it.When I came down the second time for the second tray, I gave them again since they love it so much. I had my go after it was cool then realised that the cake was too sweet for me but I guessed they loved sweet stuffs. I guess I need to cut back on the sugar as I added more raisin which is why the cake was so sweet but is really up to individual. I cut from 1/2 cup sugar to 1/3cup sugar.

Ingredient:

  • 1/2 Cup       Shredded coconut
  • 1 1/2 Cup    Self-Raising Flour
  • 1/2 Cup       Raisin
  • 1/3 Cup       Sugar
  • 125gm          Butter
  • 2 tbsp          Golden syrup
  • 1                  Egg ( Beaten)
Methods:
  1. Melt the butter with sugar and the syrup.
  2. When it cool add in the beaten egg. Mix it well.
  3. Add in the Self-raising flour.
  4. Then add in the remaining dry ingredients.
  5. Scope 1 tpsn of the mixture in the cupcake
  6. Bake at 175deg for 15mins or till top golden brown.



           
                 
Fruit cake


Wishing all a Happy New Year. A better year ahead. Be all in great health and wealth.Huat ah.

1 comments:

p.nurul said...

Hi Judy!!!

Happy New Year!
I hope u've had a lot of tasty food to celebrate =)