BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Red Bean Cake

Talking about this cake, i am very interested in it as I alway saw it on Hong Kong drama series. They alway sell it by the roadside kind and in the shape of a bowl. No chance of trying it in Spore so try my luck on some recipe book and I found it. Overjoyed with it and I made it but failed. The 1st recipe book I had was not very detailed, I just follow the instruction but no instruction to soak the red bean first. In the end, the red bean was not cooked properly. Not giving up so easily so i tried another book recipe which required me to soak the bean 1st and this time was great and love by all. The texture was great and the red beans was just nice.


Ingredients:

  • 110gm   Red Bean
  • 120gm   Glutinous rice flour
  • 70gm     Wheat Flour
  • 185gm    Sugar
  • 25ml       Oil
  • 220ml     Water
Methods:

  1. Rinse the red beans and soak it for 30-45 mins.
  2. Boil the red beans with 4cm of water level and cook it over low heat for an hour.
  3. Drain and put it aside
  4. Mix the glutinous flour and wheat flour with half the water.
  5. Then mix the remaining water in another bowl with the sugar.
  6. Dissolve the sugar and then add in the sugar and oil.
  7. Mix well and add in the flour mixture, keep stirring till well mix.
  8. Rub some oil on the steaming tray and then pour in the batter and steam it for an hour over high heat.






This cake must be very nice, cos even my French  ex-housemate, Justin love it. I myself also like it, i think is because of the red beans which is my favorite. Even like ice cream i will wait for the ice cream man on the bike to come and then buy a few red bean ice creams to share with my late grandpa as well.

2 comments:

Shukujo said...

ring ring uncle's icecream, i love it too! yummpyyyy.....

Swat's kitchen said...

ya lor...even those i can get today not the same as before leh... last time one the taste seem to be stronger